Some lines and folds in the face are caused by volume loss that occurs with age. By replacing that volume, a natural lift and softening of those lines and folds is achieved. Which filler is right for you is based on the area of concern and your physician can help you determine what is best for your unique needs and aesthetic goals.
Some examples of areas that can be treated:
- Nasolabial folds: these are the lines from the bottom of the nose down to the corners of the mouth.
- Marionette lines: these are the lines that extend down from the corners of the mouth and can make you look sad.
- Cheeks: either upper cheek to lift the nasolabial folds and jowling, or mid-low cheek to treat hollowing.
- Lips: Body of the lip for fullness and shaping
- Smoker lines: the vertical lines around the lips that are caused not just by smoking, but more commonly by pursing the lips, expressions, whistling, drinking from a straw
- Other areas: include under the eyes for hollows, acne scars, surgical scars, temples, ear lobes, hands