What is Filler
Some lines and folds in the face are caused by volume loss that occurs over time with age. By replacing that volume, a natural lift and softening of those lines and folds is achieved. Which filler is right for you is based on the area of concern and your desired results. Your physician can help you determine what is best for your unique needs and aesthetic goals.
Filler can be injected into areas of the face with less volume or volume loss. Make sure to consult with your physician about a safe and efficient plan for your aesthetic goals.
- Nasolabial folds: these are the lines from the bottom of the nose down to the corners of the mouth.
- Marionette lines: these are the lines that extend down from the corners of the mouth and can make you look sad.
- Cheeks: either upper cheek to lift the nasolabial folds and jowling, or mid-low cheek to treat hollowing.
- Lips: Body of the lip for fullness and shaping
- Smoker lines: the vertical lines around the lips that are caused not just by smoking, but more commonly by pursing the lips, expressions, whistling, drinking from a straw
- Chin: Filler in the chin area can be used to create a more defined jawline in a natural-looking way. The side profile can also be enhanced by correcting the recessed chin structure, resulting in more proportion and projection
- Other areas: include under the eyes for hollows, acne scars, surgical scars, temples, ear lobes, hands
Before & After
This is for patients that are new to this practice or who have not had filler before. It involves a medical history and exam of areas of concern while treatment options are discussed with the physician. Before/after care instructions are given in preparation for a filler injection appointment. If you are traveling from a distance, please call the office to inquire about our same day consult / injection option.
This is for patients that have already had a consult for filler at Radiance. Patients are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time to sign the consent and wash the area to be injected with our pre-procedure cleanser. If you would also like to get Botox / Dysport it can also be injected at this visit and does not require a separate appointment.